Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week 10 - Repositories and Learning Objects

I originally created videos demonstrating how Spotsylvania County Schools are using both an LMS and LCMS. After a kind suggestion from my classmate Marvin, I decided to omit them from my blog (too much information to be shared). The point I was trying to make with the videos was that the possibilities to enhance student learning are boundless. Today, I was talking with a colleague who asked me if I placed extracurricular club activity information on the LCMS. I said no and instantly thought, but what a great idea.

I'm an advisor for Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA). We just held a fundraiser this weekend and the LCMS would have been a great utility for having students sign up to volunteer. I could use the LCMS to post podcasts from Business Leaders, post competition information, volunteer opportunities, and social events. Often times the student may be hesitant to get involved but if the parent finds out about it, they convince their child to participate. Two goals my department has this year is to increase parent communication via the LCMS and to increase participation in FBLA. What a great way to kill two birds with one stone.

By the way, I have posted a video in this week's class discussion.

Cyndi

1 comment:

-M. Fuller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.